The University of Nottingham seeks a Finance Assistant to join its dynamic and innovative finance team. The successful candidate will support the finance team in delivering an efficient and effective finance service.
Job Title: Accounting
Location: Kings Meadow Campus
Job Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: Thursday, 20 April 2023
No of Vacancy: Not Specified
Salary: £22,149 to £24,948 per annum (pro-rata if applicable), depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.
They are accepting applications for a Finance Assistant to join our team and assist the academic faculties of the university. A number of the university’s campuses in the UK, including University Park, Jubilee Campus, Queen’s Medical Center, Royal Derby Hospital, and Sutton Bonington, have the position open.
- Responsible for purchasing goods and services, travel booking and expenses processing, and budget monitoring
- Provide finance-related support and advice to staff and students
- Act as the first point of contact in the Financial Management offices
- Maintain an open door and welcoming environment with a helpful, can-do attitude
- Possess a customer service focus
- Previous experience in a finance role is optional, as full training will be provided
- Highly numerate, with good attention to detail
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with staff and students from various backgrounds.
At the University of Nottingham, we aim to give you all the support you need to nurture your talent, develop, and reach your professional and personal career goals. You will have access to various benefits and rewards, including leading fitness and health facilities, staff discounts, travel schemes, a generous holiday allowance, and a highly attractive pension scheme.
This position is offered on a fixed-term contract until 29 February 2024. Hours of work are full-time (36.25 hours per week). Job share arrangements may be considered.
The University is a supportive, inclusive, caring, and positive community. We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities, and beliefs – this diversity is vital to our success. It is fundamental to our values and enriches life on campus. They welcome applications from UK, Europe, and from across the globe.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to develop your finance skills within a leading UK university as a finance assistant at the University of Nottingham, please apply here
The University of Nottingham is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.