Appointment Clerk at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Company name: Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Headquarters Location: 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M4N 3M5
Type of work: Full Time
Hours of Work: Weekdays & Alternating Weekends
Days: 8hrs; As per schedule
Summary of Duties
- Schedules patients for a variety of medical imaging procedures and exams.
- Performs telephone and reception duties at primary public and workroom locations.
- Greets, receives, instructs and directs patients, relatives, visitors and hospital staff.
- Obtains primary patient demographics, OHN or third party billing information from patients as required.
- Follows-up with scheduling contacts, nursing personnel, physicians and/or others to obtain missing information and to correct scheduling errors.
- Assists designated personnel to expedite request for verbal or Stat result requests.
- Fling/sorting/faxing of reports as required.
- Data entry in relevant information systems as required.
- Other clerical duties as required.
Qualifications/Skills for Clerk Position
- OSSGD or equivalent as recognized by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
- Post-secondary job-related course and recent related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of medical implications related to scheduling of procedures & exams.
- Typing 40 net w.p.m. with maximum 5% error rate or keyboarding at 106 net keystrokes per minute required.
- Demonstrated Show of medical and radiology terminology an asset.
- Demonstrated effective organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated outstanding flexibility and excellent customer service.