Employer Name: Tetra Tech
Salary: $38.51 an hour
Employment type: Full-time
Location: Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Application Closes: Not Specified
Tetra Tech is a global leader in consulting, engineering, and technical services that tries to provide innovative solutions for difficult projects. We provide competitive pay and benefits and seek creative individuals to join our teams. Also, the company’s dedication to safety is embedded in our culture and is at the center of every endeavor. We blend the resources of a multibillion-dollar global corporation with local, client-focused service.
Furthermore, the Company mining and heavy industrial-focused group in Thunder Bay, ON, is expanding, and we are looking for Mechanical Designers with varying degrees of experience to join our team. We specialize in small to medium-sized projects for Canadian clients. Also, the company projects range in scope from investigations to full EPCM in mining or related industries.
- Develops safe and efficient industrial equipment and plant layouts in 3D, including equipment models, locations, supports, piping, and access platforms.
- Prepares Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), general arrangement and detailed drawings, calculations, and bills of material by established codes, standards, drawings, and other specifications.
- Makes arithmetic calculations (i.e., percentages. ratios, averages), performs field measurements and inspections of materials, instruments, equipment, or items to be tested for flaws or defects, observes apparent deviations in data or specifications, and checks to ascertain the cause.
- Complex technical decisions are reviewed with other senior technical personnel for the concept’s soundness. Less complex technical decisions of a routine nature are based on precedent or clearly defined procedures as guidance.
- Also, Intermediate to Senior level designers may direct and mentor less experienced technical personnel with specific aspects of more complex tasks.
- Works under general supervision. Work is reviewed for compliance with design intent, proof of concept, accuracy, adequacy, and conformance with prescribed procedures.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with 2D and 3D modeling, AutoCAD, MS Office
- Design experience on projects involving industrial plant layout, industrial equipment installations, pumps, piping, conveyors, chute works, plate works, pump boxes, storage bins, hoppers, and tanks is considered an asset.
- Experience in mining, forestry, or other industries is considered an asset.
- Also, you must have the ability to effectively plan time commitments on multiple concurrent projects
If you wish to work as a mechanical designer at tetra tech in thunder bay, Canada, Apply Here