Employer Name: ABB
Salary: Not Specified
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Napier, Hawke’s Bay
Application Closes: Not Specified
Take your next career step with ABB, a global team energizing society and industry transformation to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. ABB’s clear goal is to drive diversity and inclusion across all dimensions, including gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity, and generations. We are embarking on a journey in which each of us, individually and collectively, accepts and celebrates individual differences.
- Join them as Procurement Engineering Specialist, where you will be accountable for an interface between Procurement and Engineering. Driving Procurement knowledge (market, suppliers, external intelligence) into the development process to optimize engineering cost, quality, and technology.
- Translate engineering requests into PL parameters for execution in the Electrification Business area.
- Reporting to Procurement and Logistics Manager based in Napier, New Zealand.
- Coordinating all procurement activities for research and development (R&D) projects
- Acting as interface between the technology project team, the local division procurement teams, and division procurement Category managers, ensuring that project information is adequately shared between the project team and the various procurement teams.
- Responsible for all Procurement gate model activities, arranging project Procurement gate meetings as required, and creating and maintaining the project related to Procurement documents.
- Responsible for initial cost and quality estimates and achieving product cost and quality targets.
- Working to optimize the cost and quality at all stages of the development projects, including investment and test cost
- Working with the local Procurement team and Division Category Managers to find new potential materials or new potential suppliers for critical materials
- Selecting with the support of the local procurement team and division Category Managers, the prototype suppliers, and final production material suppliers, in line with product cost requirements, future product footprint requirements, and procurement strategies while ensuring sustainable quality and cost.
- Managing directly with the suppliers for each project the ordering and on-time delivery of the prototype parts in line with the critical project development and testing plan. Works to minimize the prototype and out-turn sample delivery time to reduce the overall project timeline
- Working to optimize the cost at all stages of the development projects, including testing
- Comparing and developing the best value chain for the new product considering packaging cost, transportation, and logistics cost, import duties, and currency risk
- Supporting the development of new lower-cost suppliers to meet the level required for sustainable quality and on-time delivery
- Managing supply risk by eliminating single sources for new critical components
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent field
- 5-8 years experience in Supply Chain or Procurement role, ideally in Engineering or related industry
- Basic to Intermediate skills and experience in SAP or other ERP system is required, as proficiency in Microsoft Office and Intermediate to Advanced skills and experience in Excel.
- High attention to detail, organization, situational awareness, problem-solving, and composure under pressure would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, experience balancing commercial, technical and compliance requirements, changing priorities and internal processes of cross-functional project teams and deadlines
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Flexible work practices