Employer Name: Hyundai New Zealand
Salary: NZ$54,873 per year
Employment type: Full-time
Location: Auckland City, Auckland
Hyundai New Zealand is a 100% New Zealand-owned company with a distinctive Kiwi attitude. We are driven to make a difference daily across our dealer network and in our headquarters. We’re at the vanguard of automotive innovation, pioneering electric vehicles or inventing connected applications to improve the driver experience.
With this exciting evolution in our product line, the team that supports what we do is just as vital, and that is where you come in. We’re looking for a results-oriented Assistant Accountant to join our fun team in Mt Wellington. This is a fantastic chance for someone thorough in their work and searching for a place inside a developing organization where they may further their accounting career.
There is scope for growth, process re-engineering, and best practice, with an opportunity to get involved in systems and process improvements coupled with the normal duties that you’d expect, such as:
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations, including relevant indirect taxes
- Preparing daily cash flow reporting and forecasting in line with Group Policy
- Taking ownership of preparing monthly financial statements (P&L) for smaller entities
- Keeping an accurate and timely record of inventory, including import costing
- Participating in internal control reviews as required
- Managing open LCs and trade loans
- Maintaining an accurate Fixed Asset register.
- With 2-3 years of experience in a similar role, backed by the relevant tertiary qualification, working towards a CA qualification, and a passion for your work, you’ll join us from an organization of similar scope and size. Group company experience is also desirable.
- Furthermore, you relish an opportunity to help support change, focus on best practices, and with a continuous improvement mindset across all accounting functions.
- You have to be confident with your relationship management skills. You must support others and know how to manage and provide information to Senior Accountants to support their financial objectives. Similar experience within a reputable corporate organization of size is preferred, as you understand the intricacies of a large accounting department and tax and compliance controls. And forward-thinking methodologies.
- Also, this team values communication and collaboration. You will foster these skills, too, and be happy to jump in and support the company’s finance team with the ability to be adaptable and prioritize your workload effectively.
- Also, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced, busy yet rewarding environment.
If you want to work and live as an assistant accountant at Hyundai in New Zealand, Apply Here