To continue driving the University of Auckland’s ambitious and successful fundraising initiatives, Auckland University’s Alumni Relations and Development Office has created a new role for a Head of Principal Gifts. We are recruiting for this role now with the mind to implement a major campaign over the next few years.
This is a senior role within Advancement. Reporting to the Director of Alumni Relations and Development, you will be important in attracting philanthropic revenue streams to the University’s fundraising priorities.
In addition to crafting the Principal Gifts strategy, you will be responsible for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of some of the University’s most significant donors and prospective donors, primarily those capable of making top gifts of over $6 Million, of maximizing the philanthropic income for essential research and initiatives.
As the Head of Principal Gifts, you’ll have a high degree of delegated responsibility and independent authority while regularly reporting to the Director and collaborating closely with the other senior managers within the ARD Office.
Job Title: Teaching
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Job Type: Permanent
Application Deadline: 16th of April 2023
No of Vacancies: Not Specified
Salary: Not Specified
- Developing a highly effective principal gifts strategy for the University.
- Maintaining a high-level program of stewardship and donor relations with principal gift donors.
- Manage your portfolio of 30-50 prospective donors, focusing on those capable of gifts of $6,000,000 and above.
- Act as a senior fundraiser for The University of Auckland by partnering with the Director of Alumni Relations and Development in negotiating, implementing, and delivering a university-wide advancement strategy to maximize giving and meaningful engagement for agreed priorities.
- Ensure principal gift donors receive a highly effective acknowledgment, recognition, reporting, and engagement program.
- Line manage a small and dedicated team of support staff to ensure that targets are met and strategic plans progress.
- Connect widely and effectively with leaders and high-profile members of the University to act as advocates to further enhance our relationships with donors.
- Extensive leadership experience in client-centric programs, with additional experience, specifically in fundraising in higher education, nonprofit or corporate environments.
- Specific experience in securing top gifts.
- A proven track record in delivering exceptional results and relationship building with the maturity, perspective, and credibility necessary to influence and connect with internal and external stakeholders.
- You can provide examples of budget management and planning processes that result in demonstrable results.
- A competitive salary with five weeks of annual leave. With the option to buy and sell additional leave.
- The option to have your superannuation matched at 6.75% via our two pension schemes.
- Flexible employment practices. Including partial working from home and adaptive working hours.
- A generous parental leave policy.
- An established internal mobility program (Internal First) offers our staff real options to change their career and try new ways of working.
Applications must be submitted online by the closing date of the 16th of April 2023 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV highlighting how you can meet the abovementioned skills and experiences.
In conclusion, please contact Neil Constable (Senior Recruitment Advisor) via [email protected] for a confidential conversation if you want to work as a head of principal gifts at the University of Auckland. Please note they are happy to answer your questions but do not accept applications by email.