If you want to work as a Catchment Care Advisor at Marlborough District Council, New Zealand, please read on.
Employer Name: Marlborough District Council
Salary: Not Specified
Employment Type: Full-Time
Application Closes: 13 Jan 2023, 5:00 pm
Marlborough District Council is a dynamic, progressive organization that prides itself on the professionalism it brings to managing a wide range of functions. Our vision is that over the next decade, Marlborough will become a globally connected district of progressive, high-value enterprises known for its quality lifestyle, desirable location, and natural environment.
Marlborough is unique for many reasons. Because the region offers an array of outdoor pursuits in a distinctive and picturesque landscape. With one-fifth of the New Zealand coastline in the Marlborough Sounds, the land and sea offer unlimited accessibility for sport and leisure.
You will be part of the team to liaise and interact with the public, catchment groups, and landowners in Marlborough. The role will promote and provide information on soil conservation, land management, essential freshwater, biodiversity, and afforestation.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for coordinating the collection of catchment-based data and information to support the development of catchment context and action plans, which will support the development of farm plans in the longer term.
Initially, you will also be responsible for working closely with landowners delivering catchment care programs and on-farm mitigations to improve water quality.
The role requires a problem-solving approach and experience working collaboratively. While an understanding of farming systems and rural issues is preferred. Also, we welcome applicants from those who are keen to build on their existing skills and expertise in this sector.
This role requires someone with the following:
- Excellent organization & initiative abilities.
- A desire to learn, and the ability to problem solve
- A relevant tertiary qualification in agriculture, biological, or soil sciences is preferred
- Proven experience in project management
Suppose you are enthusiastic and well-organized. Also, with good initiative and a strong ability to relate effectively with people while communicating with them. In that case, this may be the role for you.
- A workplace that supports flexibility, health, and wellbeing
- An environment where input, initiative, and innovation are encouraged
- A fantastic learning environment and support for professional development
- A competitive remuneration and benefits package (including life and income protection insurance, health insurance, enhanced leave and superannuation, and relocation support where applicable).
If you want to work as a Catchment Care Advisor at Marlborough District Council, New Zealand, learn how to apply here.