Employer Name: Farmlands
Salary: Not Specified.
Employment type: Full-time
Location: Amberley, Canterbury
Application Closes: Not Specified
Be a part of a fantastic New Zealand story! – Farmlands arose as a result of people banding together to do things differently. From our humble beginnings in 1962, we’ve grown to become New Zealand’s largest farming co-operative, with an annual turnover of more than $2.3 billion and over 1200 employees spread across 80 locations from Cape Reinga to Bluff!
They have a well-established shareholder card network (with over 75,000 shareholders and over 7,000 card partner locations), as well as operations in feed production, nutrition, eCommerce, fuel, distribution, agronomy, and a variety of other areas, in addition to our strong core retail business.
We are on the lookout for a Storeperson/Salesperson to join our Amberley team! The environment is often fast-paced – with plenty of scope to learn and develop your career.
As our current roster stands, you’d be working Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week, but we are a 6-day per week store and do require you to be flexible across the 6-day period, which means coming in on the odd Saturday.
You will concentrate on:
- Advising customers on dairy farming and general agricultural products
- Operating a point of sale (POS) system
- Completing administrative tasks such as ordering and receipting stock
- Previous experience working in a storeroom or retail sales environment
- You’re physically fit and comfortable with lifting and manual handling tasks
- Great time management
- You have a positive attitude and are keen to learn
- A background in the farming sector
- Broad knowledge of agricultural products and services
- Sound computer skills
- Forklift experience
Take a big step in your career and join as a Storeperson at Farmlands, Apply Here