If you want to work as a telecommunications technician in various locations in New Zealand, this article is for you.
Location- Variety of locations in New Zealand
Application Deadline- Not specified
Salary: Not specified
Successful candidates will be responsible for installing fiber connections to homes and business premises while also supporting our existing client portfolio with WI-FI, CCTV, IP PABX, and structured cabling solutions.
- Qualification in computing/networking/information technology/electrical or telecommunications
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience as a technician in the ICT/Telecommunications industry
- Full driver’s license
- Clean police clearance record
- WTC1, WTC3, First Aid, STMS1, Site Safe
- Strong communication skills – orally and written
- Fit and health
The health, safety, and well-being of our staff and those we work around are of utmost importance to us and a key element of this role; the ability to display this on a daily, ongoing basis is essential.
- Assess locations specified for installation of networking equipment.
- UFB (Ultra-Fast Broadband) Network infrastructure design for business and residential customers as per standards.
- Reading site plans, maps, and drawings to establish the positioning of a network.
- Installation and Programming ONT (Optical Network Terminal).
- Programming and Configuring SLID (Subscriber Line ID) on ONT (Optical Network Terminal) and running speed tests over fibre.
- Testing fiber-optic connections with the help of a fibre inspection kit, power meter, and VFL.
- Replacing and repairing faulty telecommunications equipment such as phone jack points and RJ12/45.
- Coordinate with service providers to analyze and troubleshoot faults.
- Calibrating telecommunication tools and testing equipment.
- Testing and maintaining aerial and underground telecommunication network cables.
- Install CAT6/5E cable from Fibre Termination Point to the desired location of ONT and RGW.
- Mounting and installation of BUDI, FTP, ONT, and connecting to FAT or CABINET.
- Set up Local Area Networks (LAN) and configured customer’s site equipment to specification.
- Configuring and resolving Residential Gateways (RGW) issues.
- Design, Installation, and commissioning of CCTV & IP Pabx solutions
- Installation of Routers, Servers, FTP, and other appliances for computer networks.
- Configuration of customer-owned computers for internet and Wi-Fi access.
- Set up and configure computer networks, including LAN and Wi-Fi, under Windows and MAC environments using Routers, Modems, and Gateways.
- Set up the IP address (TCP/IP) manually, change the DNS, network, and wireless settings on a modem, and resolve wireless connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot all network technology-related problems.
If you want to work as a telecommunications technician in various locations in New Zealand, apply here