Company Name: Lii Michif Otipemisiwak Family and Community Services Society
Position: Social worker
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $30.00 to $40.00 hourly for 35 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Kamloops, BC
Lii Michif Otipemisiwak Family and Community Services Society based in Kamloops, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Social worker who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Permanent employment or Full time job. The candidate will be required to work during the day shift.
A social Worker is a professional expert who works with all styles of people, groups, and groups to assist them discover ways to stay higher lives. In this role, you’ll generally paintings with populations of every age that can be struggling because of poverty, discrimination, or different social injustices.
- The candidate will be required to conduct interviews with clients in order to assess their situation and determine the types of services required as well as their eligibility.
- The candidate will be required to perform administrative tasks.
- The candidate will be expected to plan client assistance programmes.
- The candidate will be required to refer clients to organisations that provide financial assistance, legal aid, housing, medical treatment, and other services.
- The candidate will be expected to work as part of an interdisciplinary team with a client group.
- The candidate will be expected to act as a community advocate for client groups.
- The candidate will be expected to create prevention and intervention programmes to meet the needs of the community.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in child care and support services management and social work, other.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should be client focused.
- The candidate should be dependable.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should be organised and flexible in nature.
- The candidate must be interpersonally aware.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate should be a good team player.
- The candidate should give importance to values and ethics.
- The candidate will be required to work in an urban area.
- The candidate will be required to work in a community service organisation, a social and family service agency, and a child welfare organisation.
- The candidate will be required to work in the employer’s or client’s home.
Experience and specialization
- The target audience will include adolescents, adults, children, the elderly, minority group, people with personal or social adjustment difficulties, social assistance recipients, and families.
Social work specialization
- The candidate should be knowledgeable about child welfare.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a thorough criminal background check.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced busy environment.
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- Health, Financial, Long term and Other benefits will be provided to the selected candidate.
- Under Health Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, Paramedical services coverage and Vision care benefits.
- Under Financial benefits, the selected candidate will receive benefits in accordance with the collective agreement.
- Under Long Term Benefits, the selected candidate will receive Life insurance, Long-term care insurance, Maternity and parental benefits and Pension plan.
- In addition to the Health, Financial, and Long-term benefits mentioned above, the selected candidate will receive team building opportunities and a variable or compressed work week.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.