Employer Name: Westpointe Greenhouses LTD.
Position: Farm worker, general
No. of vacancies: 38
Salary: $15.00 hourly for 30 to 60 hours per week
Employment type: Seasonal employment, Full time
Location: Leamington, ON
Westpointe Greenhouses LTD. based in Leamington, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm worker, general who are self-motivated and have good interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to Seasonal employment or Full time job. The shift timings include Day and Weekend.
- The candidate will be in charge of harvesting vegetables by hand.
- The candidate will be expected to plant, cultivate, and irrigate crops.
- The candidate should be fluent in English language.
- There are no standard education requirements such as a bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to less than 7 months of experience in a related industry.
Work Site Environment
- The type of farm operation is other vegetables and melon farming (except potato).
- The candidate will be required to work long hours in an outdoor environment.
- The candidate must be able to work in cold/refrigerated conditions.
Experience and Specialization
Type of Crops
- The crops are tomatoes.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- The candidate must finished the work with in the given time line.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate must have excellent hand eye coordination.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to walk for long periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to work long hours in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.