Location: Toronto, Canada
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, offering virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, analytics, and other web computing services to customers all over the world. AWS operates a globally distributed environment at massive levels of scale, offering over 200 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the worldincluding the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agenciesto power their infrastructure. Within the AWS WW Commercial Sales (WWCS) organization, the Sales Strategy and Operations team is responsible for supporting Leadership, Sales, and Operational teams in achieving organizational objectives and driving continuous improvements in field productivity. We own and deliver “run the business” (RTB) operational cadences, build new mechanisms to support organizational growth and scale, and drive organizational initiatives.
The Field Business Operations function within North America SSOE is responsible for defining and leading the in-year planning activities and business reviews for the North America Commercial Sales business. We are seeking a Field Business Operations Lead to partner with the Head of North America Field Business Operations to define, land and execute against our strategic priorities. This role will serve as a business partner to sales operations and sales leaders in their Area to lead rhythm of the business activities such as Monthly Business Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews, Monthly Metrics Reviews and other cadenced reporting and metrics for the teams. The role will also facilitate landing of North America mechanisms to support business objectives related to revenue growth and productivity improvements.
The ideal candidate has experience in business management, program management, or operations in a sales organization and has high business acumen and strong analytical skills. This is a hands-on position – the candidate must be willing to “roll up the sleeves”. The candidate will be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving, a passion for identifying and eliminating bottlenecks, and has the foresight to anticipate business needs, make tradeoffs, and balance business dynamics despite constraints. The lead will thrive in a fast-paced environment, will be able to manage through ambiguity and complexity, and constantly seek ways to invent and simplify business processes. Maturity, strong judgment, and the ability to influence are all essential to success in this role.
Key job responsibilities
• Define the operational cadence for the Area business and manage in-year business planning activities
• Manage Weekly Business Reviews, Monthly Business Reviews & Quarterly Business Reviews
• Manage monthly CEO reviews
• Drive change management and communications for North America mechanisms and tools for the business including Account Planning, Events, Win / Loss, Executive Engagement
• Partner with worldwide SSOE to align operating cadence across Geos/Areas
• Continuously improve output quality, effectiveness and velocity of planning mechanisms
• Act as primary point of escalation for the Areas for planning mechanisms related feedback and issues
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and view them as a key driver of innovation. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work and Life balance looks different from person to person. Our team is dispersed across North America and stays connected through virtual meetings, calls and emails. We work hard each day in a fast paced dynamic environment, but value the need for downtime to unplug and recharge. We want employees who enjoy what they do, and do what they enjoy at work, at home and beyond. We encourage our team members to partner with their managers to strike the right balance.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We’re committed to the growth and development of every member of the SSOE team. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the culture and direction of the entire org and deliver initiatives that make an impact and allow you to build your skills. Your manager will be there to help support your career advancement and help you explore ways to develop. We also encourage curiosity and ownership of self-service learning opportunities within our internal education center.
AWS is a growth environment – we’re hiring and scaling rapidly to meet the needs of our internal and external customers. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your scope of influence naturally as we scale and will have the opportunity to help hire & develop other leaders along the way.
• At least 6+ years’ experience in Sales Operations, Business Planning, Operations, Strategy, Finance, Business Development, or other related fields
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
• Technology related sales or business development experience
• Experience leading operating cadence to support sales teams and drive decision-making
• Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
• Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures and policies.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive to completion
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with experience presenting to senior leadership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.