- Position: Computer Network Technician
- Location: Hope, BC
- Salary: $35.00 hourly, / 30 hours per week
- Languages: English
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 2 years to less than 3 years
Join Howe Sound Hospitality, Inc. as a Computer Network Technician and play a vital role in maintaining and optimizing our computer networks. Located in Hope, BC, we offer remote work options and an exciting opportunity to contribute to our technology infrastructure.
As a Computer Network Technician, your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining, troubleshooting, and administering the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations, and peripheral equipment.
- Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software, and operating system software.
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and coordinating access to and use of computer networks.
- Providing problem-solving services to network users.
- Implement data, software, and hardware security procedures.
- Performing routine network start-up and close-down procedures and maintaining control records.
- Performing data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and upgrading web-server hardware and software.
- Setting up local area networks and connections to the Internet.
- Implement network traffic and security monitoring software and optimize server performance.
- Modifying web pages, applets, and scripts.
- research, applying meta-data to websites, and registering websites with search engines.
- Responding to requests for help and information from website visitors and website designers
- Perform web-server backup and recovery operations.
Who Can Apply to This Job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to Apply:
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your application via email to
Advertised Until: October 6, 2023
Join our team and contribute to the maintenance and optimization of our computer networks. Apply now and be a part of our technology-driven success!