Employer Name: Melbourne Polytechnic
Salary: $62,058 – $67,382
Employment type: Part-time
Location: Yan Yean VIC
Application Closes: 11 December 2022
Melbourne Polytechnic is a learning institution that has provided vocational education since 1912. Learning at Melbourne Polytechnic is a one-of-a-kind experience with an emphasis on application. Taught by instructors with real-world experience and expertise
Melbourne Polytechnic is dedicated to providing students, industry, and communities with high-quality, innovative, applied, and future-focused education and training. Our teachers are passionate and established in their fields, and they want to help students succeed in theirs. We understand that life circumstances can create barriers to learning, so we provide our students with personalized learning paths, flexible study options, and learning support.
Provide specialized technical assistance, primarily (but not exclusively), in relation to practical activities across the HE Agriculture and Vet Nursing program areas. The position necessitates knowledge, skills, and innovative solutions to the unique and difficult problems associated with farming, animal and livestock production, and land management.
In conjunction with other technical officers in the Arts, Education, and AgriTech Department, monitor and maintain educational equipment, facilities, and resources across Melbourne Polytechnic campuses as required. The level of support includes:
- Maintaining equipment and maintenance to ensure it is suitable for the delivery of training
- Maintaining records and manuals
- Investigate and customize relevant techniques and practices from the industry as applicable to program needs and resource capability.
- On rare occasions, you will need to monitor and maintain the aquaculture facility’s out-of-hours attendance, including weekend or evening work. Still, you will receive time in lieu for these call outs.
Skills and Requirements
- Relevant Degree/Diploma or equivalent industry experience, with demonstrated broad technical knowledge and relevant experience and specialist expertise in one or more specialist areas of farming practices, animal, livestock, crop, and pasture production.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to provide written and verbal instructions and prepare documents as necessary and appropriate for various audiences.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability and delivered inventive or creative solutions to staff and students.
- A willingness to take on new challenges, work with minimal supervision and organize workload to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated experience in managing student activities and workshops, including coordinating maintenance of equipment, developing teaching aids/resources, demonstrated knowledge of new technologies/systems and processes, and the ability to respond to the learning and teaching objectives of the program area.
If you want to work as a Technical Officer – Agriculture HE at Melbourne Polytechnic, Apply Here