Job Type: Full time
Job Category: Sales
- Illinois – Chicago
- Texas – Dallas
- Colorado – Denver
- Georgia – Atlanta
- Indiana – Indianapolis
Our Business Development organization drives top of the funnel sales activity for a diverse set of industries. These specific Business Development teams support the Marketing Cloud and Vertical operating units within Salesforce, specifically Marketing Cloud, HLS, FINS, and RCGC.
Manage a team of people leaders within the Business Development org, that are responsible for leading teams of Business Development Representatives. The BDRs develop and qualify revenue opportunities within their assigned territory. They generate new business opportunities to fuel pipeline by conducting strategic research and cold calling. You will play a key role as you lead/manage these highly visible and motivated teams that achieve individual, team and organizational quotas. You’ll be a valuable contributor to the corporate sales strategy while providing definition and implementation of the plan for Sales to achieve corporate objectives. A key responsibility will be driving net new account acquisition through strategy development, stakeholder alignment and tactical execution.
- The day to day management of a team of Business Development Managers, including responsibility for performance management, recruitment and training.
- Participation in the strategic planning of team dynamics and make-up
- Generates and achieves monthly territory forecasts and accurately predicts monthly revenues
- Responsible for ownership of various aspects of the business including but not limited to: Marketing Initiatives, Enablement, Operations
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, sales development and other sales teams to develop operational strategies and execution plans for new geographies, products and market segments
- Drive rigorous sales development execution and oversight, ensuring accurate forecasts and total transparency
- Build and conduct executive presentations for internal presentations and for external presentations in the form of executive briefings to customers, prospects, and internal stakeholders
- Prioritize and drive the acquisition of new logos
- Will have led teams responsible for sales development for major territories for segments of the business
- An accomplished people manager who will be able to adopt a disciplined and entrepreneurial approach to their mission with a clear ability to capitalize and exploit the market opportunities
- “Lead from the front” mindset who is also able to prioritize and delegate.
- 5-7+ years of first line management work experience in sales, sales development, operations or equivalent function with significant exposure to sales teams
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Ability to own and execute on highly visible projects and initiatives that span cross-teams and across offices
- Strong presentation skills
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to new demands; sense of urgency
- Strong senior executive engagement and influence skill