Employer Name: Bank Of England
Salary: £28,000 – £34,000 a year
Employment type: Full-time
Application Closes: Not Specified
The Bank of England is the central bank of the United Kingdom. The Central bank’s objective is to provide the British people with monetary and financial stability.
The Bank of England is a multifaceted organization. Each of its 4,000 employees is dedicated to public service and promoting the well-being of the people of the United Kingdom through monetary and financial stability.
Work for a company steeped in history, with a front-row seat to the financial sector’s digitalization and the emergence of fintech and reg tech. Technology, a major organizational asset, enables the Bank of England to carry on its purpose by delivering various technical solutions and platforms.
Junior developer to develop and support multiple Tier 2 applications in various programming languages within the team, with a view to cross-training into CNI applications in the future. The job will initially involve daily support, with possible evening and weekend support also required.
The ideal candidate will have some experience in a programming language
Aware of the principles of Agile (and knowledge of Confluence/Jira)
Knowledge or willingness to work with legacy applications, such as Access Databases
Experience in or exposure to Linux
Self-motivation and willingness to learn are essential. Working as part of a team, you will need to show good interpersonal skills and understand stakeholder management as the team interacts with stakeholders daily.
- A non-contributory, career average pension gives you a guaranteed retirement benefit of 1/95th of your annual salary for every year worked. We can increase your retirement (to 1/50th) or decrease (to 1/120th) in exchange for compensation through our flexible benefits program each year.
- A discretionary performance award based on a current award pool.
- A 7% benefits allowance with the option to take as salary or purchase a wide range of flexible benefits.
- 25 days annual leave with the option to buy up to 13 additional days through flexible benefits.
- Private medical insurance and income protection.
If you want to work as a Junior Developer at the Bank of England, Apply Here