Employer Name: Prairie’s Edge Casino Resort
Salary: $25 an hour
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Granite Falls, MN 56241
Application Closes: Not Specified
Installs computer software and hardware. Duties include responding to hardware problems, updating system software, installing and troubleshooting printers, offer technical support and training to users. Pick up tickets daily for the helpdesk and respond accordingly.
- Assists in coordinating work projects such as converting to new hardware and software.
- Develops work goals and department projects.
- Work on special assignments and research projects; establishes work priorities and evaluates cost and time requirements.
- Review completed projects or computer programs to ensure that goals are met, and programs are compatible with other programs already in use.
- Evaluates the workload and capacity of computer systems to determine the feasibility of expanding or enhancing computer operations.
- Makes recommendations for improvements in computer systems.
- Modifies, tests, and corrects existing programs.
- Evaluates and test vendor-supplied software packages to determine compatibility with existing systems, ease of use, and if the software meets user needs.
- Inactivates individually, or in combination, each component of computer systems such as central processing unit, tape drives, etc.
- Tests computer systems to determine the criticality of component loss.
- Prioritizes the importance of components and writes recommendations for recovering losses and using backup equipment.
- Assists staff in diagnosing and solving computer equipment problems. Reviews procedures the user followed to determine if you took specified steps. Assists workers in the use of new software or hardware.
- Reads technical journals or manuals and attends vendor seminars to learn about new computer hardware and software.
- Troubleshoots and attempts to repair computers and components that have been damaged or have ceased functioning properly.
- Keeps equipment updated (Windows, Symantec updates).
- Set up computer and new computer systems for new and existing users as needed.
- Maintains security on workstations as well as servers.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively using the spoken word.
- Conflict Resolution – Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to care for customers’ needs while following company procedures.
Skill And Abilities
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Associate’s Degree (two-year college or technical school) or Work Equivalent, Field of Study: Communications and Technical Support
Experience: 1 plus years of experience in Communications and Technical Support
Computer Skills: Proficient in Casino data systems, SQL servers, LAN/WAN Internet access
Other Requirements: Must be willing to work additional hours as needed and on-call when needed. If on-call applies, you must respond within a reasonable amount of time.
Please apply today if you are interested in this opportunity to work as an IT Specialist at Prairie’s Edge Casino Resort.