KILDARE FISHERIES LTD is seeking self-motivated candidates with good interpersonal skills to apply for the position of Truck Driver.
Employment Name: Kildare Fisheries Ltd
Location: O’Leary, PE Canada
Salary: $19.23 hourly
Employment Type: Full time
Application deadline: Not Specified
- Maintain a high level of professionalism when interacting with customers.
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials.
- Oversee the condition of the vehicle, inspecting tires, lights, brakes, cold storage, and other equipment.
- Manage the payment and receipt of goods.
- Perform brake adjustments as required.
- Perform pre-trip, en-route, and post-trip inspections, and oversee all aspects of the vehicle.
- Perform preventive maintenance to keep the vehicle in good condition.
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch.
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance traveled, and fuel consumption.
- Tarp cargo and ensure its safety and security during transportation
- The candidate should be fluent in the English language.
- The candidate should have a minimum qualification of a Secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a related industry.
- The candidate should have effective interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be organized and flexible in nature.
- The candidate should have good judgemental skills.
- The candidate should be reliable.
- The candidate must have a valid driver’s license.
- The candidate must be willing to travel across borders.
- The candidate must be willing to travel for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be willing to travel overnight.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate should have an eye for details.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads as part of routine work.
- The candidate will be expected to manage a large workload.
- The candidate should be prepared to perform physically demanding tasks as part of their daily work.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on a frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work for long hours in sitting positions.
- The candidate must have their own hard hat and steel-toed safety boots
Apply here >>>[email protected] and make sure you include a cover letter