Mondelēz International, a multinational confectionery, food, and beverage company with a presence in over 150 countries, is seeking an NZ freight & transport coordinator. They are seeking a Freight & Transport Coordinator to join their team in New Zealand.
Job Title: Transport Coordinator
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Job Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: Not Specified
No of Vacancies: Not Specified
Salary: Not Specified
Mondelēz International empowers people to snack right in over 150 countries worldwide. They are leading the future of snacking with iconic global and local brands such as Oreo, Cadbury, Philadelphia, Pascall, The Natural Confectionery Company, Belvita, Ritz, and Toblerone.
As Freight & Transport Coordinator, you will execute transportation operations regarding service, cost, health and safety, quality, food defense, sustainability, legal requirements, and policy compliance. You will work collaboratively with internal and external (third-party logistics vendors) business partners to ensure effective management, timely solutions, and execution. You will be responsible for inbound freight planning, transport track and trace, proof of delivery management, claims management, invoice management, compliance execution, tenders support, and third-party performance management.
- Lead import freight-related operational activities such as inbound planning (based on availability, rotation, cost, commercials, and priorities), container turnaround, claims, freight billing, invoice validation, tender support, third-party performance management, etc.
- Lead outbound transportation-related operational activities such as track and trace and proof of delivery management. Also, claims management, freight billing, invoice validation, tender support, third-party performance management, etc.
- Monitor, verify, update, analyze, and report on our company’s transportation KPIs and introduce corrective actions to improve our transportation operations continuously.
- Coordinate and liaise with logistics service providers (LSPs) to ensure punctual, timely, and in-full deliveries by our standard operating procedures.
- Participate and provide input into regular service provider performance reviews.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders and report on shortages. Delays, quality issues, and other losses proactively while permanently analyzing the root causes of recurring problems.
- Participate in project-related and ad hoc tasks concerning (CI) projects, tenders, and capacity management.
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Sound understanding of the international and New Zealand freight industry
- Understanding of the cost and loss drivers connected to transportation and logistics processes
- Experience in freight, transportation and/or logistics and/or supply chain continuous improvement functions
- Sound analytical and presentation skills to detail and substantiate process deviations and identify opportunities.
- A high degree of conceptual thinking to grasp the larger logistics picture and find solutions out of the box
- Being able to communicate effectively and considerately with internal and external customers and suppliers
- Comprehensive understanding of business principles in combination with a high degree of initiative
- Knowledge of third-party logistics or logistics service provider operations
- IT support system savvy, experienced with ERP (SAP preferred) and TMS and data integration, intermediate in MS Office suite skills.
Suppose you’re passionate about logistics and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. In that case, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity at Mondelēz International as an NZ freight & transport coordinator.
NOTE: If you do not have a work visa permit for New Zealand, start here and check the New Zealand Visa Application Process for more information