Employer Name: Visual Elements Manufacturing Inc.
Salary: $45,000 a year
Employment type: Full-time
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Application Closes: Not Specified
Visual Element is a Toronto-based value-added maker of specialized retail fixtures, components, and visual merchandising products. To satisfy the demands of a globally competitive retail industry, we collaborate closely with designers and architects to create better quality consumer experiences and develop new goods and finishes. Our unique fixtures form part of the retail settings of some of the world’s most famous merchants, from comprehensive retail environments to a store fixtures, retail shelving, and a simple visual display.
We do not have a factory; instead, we have a workshop. We don’t just utilize our hands; we also use our intellect. While others serve clients, we form alliances. We provide solutions while others fill orders.
The Human Resources Assistant will assist with general human resource responsibilities, including full-cycle recruitment, health and safety, and employee relations.
- Responsible for full cycle recruitment of hourly employees, including onboarding new employees.
- Liaise with production supervisors and temporary staffing agencies for all temporary staffing requirements.
- Act as the first point of contact for employees on general HR and policy inquiries.
- Assist in managing the Health & Safety program, including training, certification, and WSIB injury claims.
- Participate in the Joint Health & Safety Committee and function as the secretary.
- Responsible for updating the HRMS system with employee information and benefit changes.
- Responsible for drafting Employment Verification letters for plant employees as required.
- Oversee the maintenance of the employee badge program.
- Accountable for employee file management.
- Assist with the organization of company events.
- Assist the accounting team with administrative tasks as needed.
- 1-2 years of human resources experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Human Resources Management or related field.
- Experience working with HRMS would be ideal; Ceridian Dayforce would be an asset.
- A positive attitude toward teamwork and solid relational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Resourceful and a problem solver.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to establish & manage priorities with a drive to complete assigned tasks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365.
Visual Elements respects and upholds the requirements set forth under AODA. We are committed to making our organization accessible. Please notify us should you require accommodation within the recruitment process. Visual Elements is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you wish to work as a Human Resources Assistant at Visual Elements Manufacturing Inc., Please email your resume to: [email protected]