Please read on if you want to work as a Horticulture Training Adviser at Primary ITO.
Employer Name: Primary ITO
Salary: Not Specified
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Auckland City, Auckland
Application Closes: Wednesday, 18 January 2023
Please read on if you want to work as
The largest industry training organization in New Zealand and the only organization in the country to offer training and credentials to more than 30 primary industries is Primary ITO, a business division of Te Pukenga.
To ensure that our credentials are current and provide the industry’s required skills, we collaborate with employers and other sector members to identify, manage, and promote training opportunities.
The Agriculture and Horticulture team is essential in helping the organization train more than 20,000 students annually because we know that people are what will make New Zealand prosperous and sustainable.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge/experience in the Horticulture sector or equivalent qualifications, particularly in arboriculture
- Experience in a customer-focused role
- Sales training experience or qualifications
- Previous experience in workplace assessments
- Computer literacy and proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent time management, planning, and organization skills
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, and relationship-building skills
Manage and arrange the training of learners in the Auckland area passionate about the Horticulture sector, particularly with arboriculture, while supporting their progress and assessing their learning.
In this role, you would:
- Conduct customer visits once each quarter
- Work with employers and learners to identify the training needs of the learner and develop training plans.
- Identify relevant off-job classes for the learners to attend and schedule these classes into their training plan.
- Conducts course evaluations and ensures moderation archiving processes are followed
- Actively participate in training or engage with relevant communication channels, as appropriate, to ensure own product knowledge is up-to-date.
- Visit businesses and proactively markets Primary ITO to prospective employers and learners.
- A competitive salary
- Development opportunities with on-the-job training and coaching
- Health and well-being package (Allowance, Health and Wellbeing Days Leave, and medical insurance)
- Community Volunteer Days
- Paid leave between Chrismas and New Year’s
- Flexible working arrangements to support a work-life balance (including flexible hours and hybrid working)
- Work Laptop, mobile phone, and work vehicle with personal use and paid petrol
If you want to work as a Horticulture Training Adviser at Primary ITO, Apply Here