Employer Name: Farmlands
Salary: Not Specified
Employment type: Full-time
Application Closes: Not Specified
Be part of a great New Zealand story! Te Whenua Tāroa – Farmlands were born from people joining together to do things differently. Fast forward from our humble beginnings in 1962. We’re New Zealand’s largest farming co-operative with an annual turnover of more than $2.3 billion, with over 1200 staff in over 80 locations from Cape Reinga to Bluff!
In addition to our strong core retail business, we also have a well-established shareholder card network (with over 75,000 shareholders and over 7,000 card partner locations), with operations dealing with feed production, nutrition, eCommerce, fuel, distribution, agronomy, and wide variety of other areas.
About the Opportunity
Farmlands is a market leader in grain and seed procurement and trading. We have an opportunity for a Grain Trader to join our Canterbury-based team in Ashburton or Christchurch.
In this role, you’ll work with various stakeholders, including grain buyers, farmer suppliers, merchant traders, and the wider Farmlands team, to buy and sell grain and pulses and liaise with arable growers, end users, and transport companies.
Farmlands are proud of its leading feed brands: NRM, McMillan Equine, and Reliance, and being a market leader in animal nutrition solutions. A key task will be procuring grain for our feed mill in Rolleston and shareholder trade in Canterbury.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following:
- Solid grain trading experience. However, you can adapt this role to suit your experience, so graduates, please still apply.
- Market expert, up-to-date knowledge of the latest industry trends on pricing and commodities
- Great attention to detail and a comprehensive understanding of the total sale, purchase, delivery process, and contract execution.
- Applying your trading and industry knowledge requires a high level of commercial acumen.
- An understanding of arable farm systems would be advantageous.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills as you interact with a wide range of shareholders, industry, and Farmlands team members
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent
How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and cover letter, and we’ll do the rest. We’d love to hear from you and know you’ll grow your career.
If you want to work as a Grain Trader at Farmlands, APPLY HERE