Mayo Clinic is a world-renowned healthcare organization committed to providing the highest quality patient care, research, and education. They are seeking a highly organized and motivated Administrative Assistant to join their team at Mayo Clinic.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Rochester, MN 55901
Job Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: 2023-05-11
No of Vacancy: Not Specified
Salary: $20.45 – $27.62 an hour
U.S. News & World Report has named Mayo Clinic the best hospital in the country and ranked it first in more medical specialties than any other healthcare organization. In addition to putting the patient’s needs first, the clinic commits to its employees and invests in competitive pay and all-inclusive benefit plans to care for you and your family both now and in the future.
You can develop a lengthy, prosperous career with Mayo Clinic thanks to the endless opportunities for advancement and further education. You’ll flourish in a setting that encourages innovation, is dedicated to combating racism and promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion, and offers you the tools you need to be successful.
- Performs a variety of secretarial/clerical tasks using administrative assistant expertise
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of all documents
- Transcribes correspondence and maintains calendars
- Schedules meetings and makes travel arrangements
- Answers telephones and provides related follow-through
- Files documents and prepares reports, meeting agendas, minutes, and presentation materials.
- Processes reimbursement for travel and other professional expenses
- Maintains records
- Serves as a resource and mentor to others as opportunities arise
- Demonstrates initiative, proficiency, and good judgment to optimize the time of those supported
- Strong organizational and communication skills and a commitment to quality and excellence in service are important components of the role.
- Successful completion of a one- or two-year degree/diploma in an administrative assistant/secretarial field OR a minimum of two years experience in a secretarial/administrative assistant role
- Experience performing responsibilities such as managing calendars, creating correspondence/reports/presentations, database/spreadsheet management, coordinating travel, etc.
- Excellent application of grammar, punctuation, and English usage
- Computer experience and proficiency in technical office equipment (computer, printer, dictation equipment, phone system, fax machine, etc.)
- High-level skill in organization, clerical aptitude, and interpersonal relations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, including standard office practices and independent composition of letters
- Good decision-making and judgment, attention to detail, and follow-through
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Typing skill of 60 WPM and experience with secretarial/clerical software preferred.
If you are a highly organized and detail-oriented individual passionate about providing exceptional administrative support, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity. Join the team at Mayo Clinic as an administrative assistant at mayo clinic and be part of a world-class organization that you will dedicate to improving healthcare for patients around the globe. Apply Here