GE Healthcare is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to support the operations team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative support in a fast-paced environment, working closely with the operations team to ensure smooth and efficient daily operations.
Job Title: Administrative Assitant
Location: Chicago, IL 60661
Job Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: 2023-05-29
No of Vacancies: Not Specified
Salary: 18.00 to 20.00 hourly (to be negotiated) 40 hours per week
- Support senior leaders in all related administrative tasks, including effectively maintaining and coordinating calendars, scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, providing phone coverage, processing and reconciling expense accounts, and handling various purchases, including invoice arrangements.
- Support Strategy and Tax operating mechanisms (bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly staff meetings, town halls/all-employee meetings, and other meetings as arise)
- Maintained calendars, contacts, and tasks for the senior leaders coordinating with internal stakeholders and their Executive Administrative support in scheduling and coordinating internal and external meetings.
- Provide general office administrative services and support. This includes but is not limited to supporting the onboarding of new employees/contingent workers, answering questions regarding central sites, internal processes, and e-tools, assisting with international and domestic shipping, initiating IT support requests, and liaising with facilities management.
- Support planning for external business development engagements at major conferences; the opportunity to travel to conferences to support in planning, meeting management, and logistics
- Assist with communications-related activities such as maintaining relevant distribution lists, producing email correspondence, presentations, meeting agendas, and new hire and organization change announcements.
- Coordinate complex, multi-leg domestic and international travel arrangements, which include flights, car service, dinner reservations, etc.
- Arrange meetings, take notes, prepare memos, and follow up on actions as required.
- Prepare reports, presentations, and data, as well as maintaining files, records, and correspondence which may include handling confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Support budget process & process invoices, vendor creation, and managing contractors.
- Print materials for team meetings and conferences; printing/binding large volume materials when required and shipping to conference locations
- Order supplies
- Retrieve and greet guests/deliveries.
- Order catering for any meetings requiring breakfast/lunch/refreshments.
- Assist with special projects as needed; proactively anticipate work assignments whenever possible.
- Cover and support the local Administrative Assistant team.
- Other functions may be assigned as necessary.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 5 years of experience as an executive assistant or supporting a senior leader, preferably in a global, public company, or corporate function
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making and organizational skills
- Strong collaboration skills. The ability to work in a team environment is key.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment.
If you are a motivated individual with a strong work ethic and excellent organizational skills, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity with GE Healthcare. They offer competitive salaries, benefits packages, and professional growth and development opportunities.
Apply here if you want to work as an administrative assistant at GE Healthcare