The Job Summary
Seeking a professional cleaner to perform a variety of cleaning and maintenance duties. The cleaner will be in charge of maintaining all public and private spaces to employer standards. Duties will include vacuuming, mopping, surface cleaning, dusting, and bathroom services. Attention to detail and a positive attitude a must. The right person is punctual, thorough but fast, and eager to learn.
Cleaners ensure that the spaces to which they are assigned remain tidy and orderly. Cleaners work in a variety of settings including offices, homes, and public spaces.
- Vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping floors of various types.
- Dusting ceilings, light fittings, countertops, and loose furniture.
- Scrubbing and sanitizing toilets, sinks, and kitchen fixtures.
- Emptying trash cans.
- Washing and drying windows.
- Liaising with the line manager to ensure that you have sufficient cleaning products at all times.
- Reporting any breakages that occur during the cleaning process.
- Informing the line manager of repairs that need to be done.
Requirements for a cleaner
- High school diploma or equivalent is advantageous.
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Able to use a variety of cleaning products and equipment.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to complete tasks on time with minimal supervision.
- Available to work mornings and evenings, plus weekends, as needed
- Ability to work independently.
- Basic understanding of equipment and chemicals used in cleaning.
- Willing and able to accept verbal and written direction.
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job.
- Some previous experience in institutional or commercial cleaning an asset.
- Punctual and reliable..
Cleaning jobs and the average salaries earn
|Job type||Average salary|
|House cleaner||$17.62per hour|
|Window cleaner||$10.59per hour|
|Office cleaner||$15.75per hour|
|Airport cleaner||$19.59per hour|