Company: DK Concrete Work
- Location: Edmonton, AB
- Salary: $29.00 hourly, / 37.5 hours per week
- Job Type: Permanent employment, full-time
- Shift and Schedule: Day, Evening, Weekend, Morning
- Languages: English
- Education: No degree, certificate, or diploma
- Experience: Experience is an asset
DK Concrete Work is hiring a construction helper in Edmonton, AB. This is a full-time, permanent position with an hourly wage of $29.00. If you have experience or are eager to work in the construction industry, are physically fit, and can handle demanding work conditions, we encourage you to apply.
As a construction helper, your responsibilities will include:
- Loading, unloading, and transporting construction materials
- Erecting and dismantling concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring, and barricades
- Mixing, pouring, and spreading materials.
- Assisting heavy equipment operators
- Assisting in drilling and blasting rock on construction sites
- Assisting in framing houses, erecting walls, and building roofs
- Leveling earth to fine-grade specifications.
- Paving and raking asphalt
- Assisting in demolishing buildings.
- Cleaning and piling salvaged materials
- Cleaning up chemical spills and other contaminants
- Removing rubble and other debris at construction sites.
- Tending to or feeding machines or equipment used in construction
- Directing traffic at or near construction sites.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints.
- Performing routine maintenance work.
- Instructing apprentices.
- Cleaning and lubricating cranes
- Perform pre-operational inspections and calculate crane capacities and weights for rigging and hoisting.
Security and Safety:
- Criminal record check.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Fast-paced environment.
- Tight deadlines.
- Handling heavy loads.
- Physically demanding.
- Work under pressure.
Who Can Apply to This Job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: October 23, 2023